Last updated on 1st September 2019
What Personal Information About Customers Does Scissor King Gather?
Scissor King knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust
that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This notice applies to information collected by Bertchel Pty Ltd or its affiliates ("Scissor King") in connection
with ScissorKing.net.au and other sites and services operated by Scissor King as we disclose to you.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Scissor King experience. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services, for marketing communications, to update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and to recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you.
We also use this information to improve our services, store, websites and applications (together "sites"), prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
1. Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our sites or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
2. Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites , we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses sites or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Scissor King on other websites.
3. E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mails from Scissor King if your device supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
What About Cookies?
1. Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as product recommendations and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Scissor King Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below -
1. Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
2. Protection of Scissor King and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Scissor King, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
3. With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
1. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
2. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
3. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your device. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared device.
Which Information Can I Access?
Scissor King gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Scissor King for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
1. As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Scissor King features.
2. You can add or update certain information on your account pages.
3. You can manage the types of communications you receive from us, and opt out of certain communications, by choosing “subscribe” or “unsubscribe” when you receive communiations from us. You consent to receiving communications in accordance with these preferences.
Complaints, Contact Information and Changes
If you have any concern or complaint about privacy at ScissorKing.net.au, please email us email@example.com with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.